COVID-19 and Mental Health
The COVID-19 pandemic will create new mental health challenges for our province. Experts are warning of an "echo pandemic" of mental health issues.
Mental health services are inadequately funded in Alberta. COVID-19 will put more strain on an already overburdened system.
That is why the Alberta Liberals are calling on the Alberta Government to do the following:
- Create a COVID-19 Mental Health Task Force. This Task Force will be charged with creating a multi-year plan for addressing the long-term mental health impacts of COVID-19.
- Increase funding for psychotherapy and counselling services.
- Allocate funds specifically for services focussing on high-risk individuals with acute mental health issues.
- Expand mental health resources in K-12 and post-secondary education.
- Implement a public awareness campaign about the long-term mental health effects of COVID-19.
- Guarantee full mental health coverage for all health care workers in Alberta.
Sign the petition below and join David Khan in pressuring the UCP Government to address the mental health crises facing Albertans arising from the broad impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, lockdown, and economic dislocation.
I support calling on the Government of Alberta to take preemptive action on the long-term mental health issues that will arise from the COVID-19 pandemic, lockdown, and economic dislocation, including increased funding for existing services, funding specifically for services focusing on high-risk individuals with acute mental health issues, expanded mental health resources in K-12 and post-secondary education, a public awareness campaign about the long-term mental health effects of COVID-19, guaranteed full mental health coverage for all health care workers in Alberta, and the creation of a COVID-19 Mental Health Task Force.
Like this to spread the word
Re-Energizing Edmonton #2
- February 28, 2021