Edmonton (April 15, 2015) – The Alberta Liberals propose the strongest municipal agenda in Alberta’s history. The five-point plan will unleash innovation in our cities, helping them compete with the best in the world:
- Big city charters for Edmonton and Calgary
- Share industrial and linear taxes through regional revenue distribution
- Provide stable, predictable and adequate long-term funding to municipalities
- Transfer the remainder of the Climate Change Fund to public transportation
- Make municipal political contributions eligible for a tax receipts.
We had a really great response door knocking Saturday with Dr. Swann in Mountainview. Maybe it's the team of cheerful faces, or maybe it's that people are fed up with the Prentice PC's? Maybe it's both!