Mr. Kang was elected to his second term as a Member of the Legislative Assembly for Calgary-McCall on April 23, 2012.
He has served as a member of the following standing committees of the Legislative Assembly:
- Standing Committee on Public Accounts
- Standing Committee of Private Bills
- Standing Committee on Families and Communities
Mr. Kang has also served as critic for Transportation and Service Alberta.
Prior to his service as a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, Mr. Kang worked as a commercial realtor. Among his professional accomplishments are being voted top realtor within his company and fifth-highest performer within Alberta.
In addition to being actively involved with the Sikh community, Mr. Kang is or has been involved in the following community organizations:
- Saddle Ridge Community League
- Castleridge-Falconridge Community League
- Martindale-Taradale Community League
- Northeast Centre of Community Society
- Alberta Children’s Hospital
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
Mr. Kang is originally from India and completed a premedical degree at the University of Indore prior to emigrating to Canada in 1970.
Mr. Kang and his wife, Sharanjit, live in Chestermere, Alberta.
Biography provided by the Legislative Assembly of Alberta (website)